Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's it about?

Pencil Portraitworks is about drawing, but not just about drawing. It's about art and life and how the two intertwine. My focus will be on drawing with colored and graphite pencils, and in particular, portraiture. Don't be surprised if you see other subjects and art media along the way, too.

Just as life is far from simple, drawing is no different. And, let me tell you, it has absolutely nothing to do with "talent". In my humble opinion, there is no such thing. Some things come easier to some of us, than to others. Regardless, if the desire is there, any skill can be improved, through plenty of practice, patience and persistence. We might never be modern day Picassos, but if we can just stick with it, amazing things can happen.

I am no expert and I don't know all the answers about drawing or anything else for that matter. But I do know what works for me. You may find that another way works better for you and that's fine. We all have our own ways of doing things, again, art is no different. There are as many different methods and techniques in drawing as there are artists in the world.

I'm delighted that you found your way here and I hope that you will find Pencil Portraitworks an enjoyable, informational and just plain fun place to visit again and again, even if you're not artist.

Thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.